Sunday, April 5, 2009

Wichita Falls






This post is primarily for my kids, Amy, and Heidi & Holly. I got to visit Wichita Falls (Sheppard AFB) this weekend to take J.D. his car. We had a great time! Here are some pictures to jog the memory...

The Cul-de-Sac
This is the house - 102 Mercury Ct.
The Kitchen
The Livingroom
the stairway at the entry
The Den/Amy's room
J.D.'s room
The view from the girls' room
Lost One's Final Resting Place
('til the neighborhood cat dug him up!!)
The Shoppette
The Pool
The Long Walk
[otherwise known as The "my feet hoowt" Incident]
The Hospital
The Clinic
Sheppard Elementary School
Sheppard Elementary School - 2
"The Hill" at Scotland Park

This ends the little jaunt down memory lane. Hope those of you who saw or remember the place of 12 years ago have pleasant memories and that these photos brought some of those to mind.

6 comments:

Lori said...

Oh...by the way, don't ask how I got into the house. Don't worry! No one lives there so it wasn't a felony!

Parkinson Family said...

wow! i don't remember things being so dead and brown. i remember a beautiful place. and i had no idea lost one was eaten by a cat!!! gross.

Teresa said...

Amy's room was my room too toward the end! I cannot for the life of me remember what the living room looked like, but I can get to the park in the middle of the houses and walk to the shoppette with my eyes closed :)

Barry Lauritzen said...

Who or what was "lost one"???

Teresa said...

He was aunt heidi and aunt holly's little bird that they found one time. It wasn't in good shape, but they nursed it and fed it applesauce until they tragic day he passed. It was sad... even more sad when dad ran it over with the lawnmower...

Holly Emerson said...

I remember all of it well! We had a great few weeks there!